For this week's 'Charmers Picks' I'll start off with some new flannels that are hitting the shops. 
The Hundreds flannel in this colorway is my favorite this season simply
 because of the colorway.  I tend not to add color into my wardrobe...black is the b
est to me, but soft almost pastel colors on the flannel are great enough to be inducted into
 my closet. 

Then there is 3 Sixteen, one of the best brands out there hands down. 
Their cut and sew items are always top notch and the brands tee shirts bring some innovative ideas. Even though this flannel is pretty simple I love the positi
on of the chest pocket buttons and the classic colorway. 


Yes, these belts are pretty tacky but not? 
Animal print is bomb and these pieces from Neighborhood have me wanting to have some print around my waist.
Next up are these highly anticipated Nike Air Zoom Toki Lux, which is Nike's version of the "chukka" sneaker. 
The black ones are my favorite. They look like they will be an extremely comfortable shoe to rock. They will be available on Friday the 13th. 

ahhh and check out these vans! The material and insole are beautifully put together.
 
Next up is a New Era designed by one of my favorite artist, Usugrow. 
This is an Upper Playground hat that is out now. I usually don't like anything with white being the major color but this piece was thrown together nicely and subtly. 

I love love love crew neck sweaters! 
This piece was done by Mr. 44 and is available on Foreign Family's website. What gets me is the basic panther and the gradient fill filling it out. 

Toy customizer Dustin Cantrell has taken the Kid Robot Dunny to a completely different level. 
The end result is mixing technology & vinyl by inserting a plasma globe. How crazy does it look?

For those of you who know me know that I'm a voracious reader. 
I didn't read as much last year as I wanted to because of my previous job. Now I've been catching up on book's that I missed out and really trying to catch up with the times. 

Since last week I have started reading "Blue Bloods" which is a series of vampire novels that take place in New York. 
The first book is really hard to adjust to when you've been reading different vampire tales since you were young and are a bit used to the "traditional" vampire. This is probably one of the most different "kind" of vampire I have ever read about. 
I didn't really like "Blue Bloods" book 1. I did and I didn't simply because De La Cruz goes into a little bit too much detail into what they are wearing, which designers are responsible for each outfit, and which boutique to get it at in New York. I do enjoy fashion but when this is a vampire novel I would love to read more about the vampires themselves. The book is about 300 pages and it doesn't really get too good until page 250. 
The last part of the book did encourage me to pick up "Masquerade" book 2 of the series. 

Masquerade was LOADS better than the first. It still had it's points where De La Cruz bombarded us with fashion info, but that's fine. The story gets much better and more interesting from beginning to end. So far there are 3 books the 4th coming out this year. According to De La Cruz there will be about 7 books. 

0 comments: